Off The Wire
MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - August 13
DUBAI, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Here are some factors that may affect Middle East stock markets on Sunday. Reuters has not verified the press reports and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* GLOBAL MARKETS-Global stocks selloff stops at Wall Street; gold, yen tick up * MIDEAST STOCKS-Kuwait's Zain surges on Omantel move, Egypt falls on high inflation * Oil prices up amidst higher global demand, Nigeria instability * PRECIOUS-Gold buoyed by global tensions, U.S. inflation data * Trump will send envoys to Middle East to discuss peace -official * Trump administration defends travel ban in U.S. Supreme Court brief * Iraq's Kurds stick to independence vote despite U.S. request to postpone it * Islamic State still a threat as Mosul residents return to city in ruins * Iraq issues tender to buy 50,000 tonnes of wheat * Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters - report * Russia says "a pity" U.S. casts doubt on Iran nuclear deal * Iran dismisses Tajik civil war claims as attempt to damage ties * Soccer-Iran asked to explain dropping players who faced Israeli team * More Syrians returning home, still outnumbered by fresh displacements - U.N. * Seven Syrian rescue volunteers killed in shooting * "Logistics" hold up Lebanese deal for rebels, refugees to return to Syria * Syrian army secures Islamic State-held town in Homs province-state media * Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border in southwest * ANALYSIS-Hezbollah steers Lebanon closer to Syria, straining efforts to stay neutral * Libyan military commander Haftar visiting Russia - RIA * More than half a million children in Libya need help -UNICEF * MSF suspends Mediterranean rescues as migrant dispute mounts * Yemen's Houthis target coalition warship, agency reports * U.N. signals not responsible for controlling Yemen's main airport * Nineteen migrants feared drowned after being forced from boat off Yemen - U.N. agency * Israel warns Hamas not to try to foil its anti-tunnel Gaza wall * U.N. urges end to Gaza crisis in punishing summer heat * Sudan invited to U.S.-Egyptian military exercises - ministry EGYPT
* Egypt inflation surges to 35 pct in July after subsidy cuts * Average yields drop on Egypt's six-month, one-year T-bills * Italian tourist held over killing of hotel supervisor at Egyptian resort * Egypt train crash kills dozens, injures more than 100 people * Islamic state claimes responsibility for attack on Egyptian police car -AMAQ SAUDI ARABIA
* EXCLUSIVE-Saudi Arabia favours New York for Aramco listing despite risks -sources * Saudi's Falih doesn't rule out more oil cuts but kingdom won't take unilateral action - Al Sharq * Saudi Falih says talks with Iraq focused on oil pact, investment discussed * Saudi Arabia tenders to purchase 660,000 T feed barley UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
* Malaysia's 1MDB says $350 mln paid to Abu Dhabi for debt deal * Four UAE soldiers die after helicopter crash in Yemen - agency * UAE jails man for spying for Iran, nuclear work - Gulf press * UAE's TAQA to refinance $500 mln bond due in October - official * Abu Dhabi's Union National Bank updating bond programme - sources * JBF promoters pledge more equity with lenders as shares slump * UAE's JBF RAK PET output stalls amid debt restructuring - COO KUWAIT
* Kuwait says responding to oil spill in Ras al-Zour area * Kuwait says taking measures against North Korea - KUNA * Kuwait says arrests 12 convicted in 2015 Iran spy case * Omantel to buy nearly 10 pct of Kuwait's Zain Group for $846.1 mln (Compiled by Dubai Newsroom) Keywords: MIDEAST FACTORS/