Off The Wire
METALS-London copper hovers near lowest in a fortnight amid trade war worries
* COPPER: Benchmark copper London Metal Exchange on Tuesday hit its weakest in nearly two weeks at $5,935 a tonne before steadying to trade flat at $5,968 a tonne, after closing little changed the session before. Shanghai Futures Exchange copper fell 0.4 percent to 47,970 yuan ($7,034) a tonne.
* SHFE: Other ShFE metals were also weaker, with nickel , zinc and tin all down around 1 percent.
* FACTORIES: Manufacturing activity took a hit from weak orders in August, surveys showed, a sign firms are feeling the pinch from the intensifying trade war between the Sino-U.S. trade war that could derail global growth.
* COPPER: Chilean state miner Codelco halted the operations of three out of four furnaces at its Ventanas copper foundry on Monday morning after high levels of sulphur dioxide were detected, it said in a statement.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or MARKETS NEWS
* Asian shares fell in early trade on Tuesday, amid growing concerns on the escalating disputes over international trade and as emergency austerity measures in Argentina highlighted turbulence in emerging markets. PRICES
Three month LME copper Most active ShFE copper Three month LME aluminium Most active ShFE aluminium Three month LME zinc Most active ShFE zinc Three month LME lead Most active ShFE lead Three month LME nickel Most active ShFE nickel Three month LME tin Most active ShFE tin ARBS ($1 = 6.8200 Chinese yuan renminbi) <^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Top base and precious metals analysis - GFMS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^> (Reporting by Melanie Burton Editing by Joseph Radford)+613 9286 1421; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
LME price overview COMEX copper futures Base metals news All metals news All commodities news Metals diary Foreign exchange rates SPEED GUIDES ))