Off The Wire
China April alumina output at highest since June 2017 - stats bureau
* China's output of alumina rose by 4.2% y/y to 6.28 million
tonnes in April, according to data released by the National
Bureau of Statistics on Thursday.
* The figure is the highest monthly total for the aluminium raw material in records on the bureau's website since June 2017, although recent shutdowns in Shanxi province point to lower production in May.
* China April refined copper output rose 1.5% y/y to 740,000 tonnes - stats bureau
* China April iron ore output rose 1.2% y/y to 68.45 mln tonnes - stats bureau
* China April zinc output dropped 0.4% y/y to 465,000 tonnes - stats bureau
* China April lead output rose 22.9% y/y to 494,000 tonnes - stats bureau
(Reporting by Tom Daly; editing by Christian Schmollinger)