China's Yuguang slashes lead output by 30% due to maintenance
BEIJING, Sept 9 (Reuters) -
* Henan Yuguang Gold and Lead , China's top lead
producer, has cut refined lead production by 30% since Sept. 5
to carry out maintenance on one of its smelting lines, according
to a company official.
* Yuguang, which has an annual lead smelting capacity of around 400,000 tonnes in Jiyuan, in central China's Henan province, will carry out the maintenance for 20 days, said sales director Li Xiaodong.
* The maintenance, Yuguang's second in three months, coincides with a Jiyuan government notice asking companies to this month reduce emissions by 10% from average daily levels in August, Li said, noting industrial curbs ahead of China's upcoming 70th anniversary celebrations.
* The People's Republic of China will mark 70 years since its founding on Oct. 1, with a parade expected in the capital, Beijing.
* The environmental bureau in Jiyuan, China's top lead producing city, which is about 630 km (391.46 miles) southwest of Beijing, was not immediately able to confirm having sent such a notice.
(Reporting by Tom Daly)