Make Kitco Your Homepage

'We're ready to fly' - MAG Silver on its Juanicipio operations

Kitco News

(Kitco News) - MAG Silver's Mexico operations are nearing the finish line, said George Paspalas, president and CEO of MAG Silver.

Earlier this month Paspalas spoke to Kitco at the 2022 Precious Metal Summit Zurich.

MAG Silver (TSX:MAG) is a Canadian development and exploration company focused on silver. Its principal focus is its Juanicipio operation. MAG has a 44% stake. Fresnillo, which has the remaining 56% stake, is the operator. Underground mine production of "mineralized development material" at Juanicipio began in 2020. The mine was brought into commercial production in Jan 2022. The plant is awaiting final electrical tie-in.

"We're doing our electrical commissioning. [That] side-stream processing got us through this year, being able to fund the balance of the spend on the Juanicipio project," said Paspalas. "[We're] ready to fly."

MAG is also advancing projects in Deer Trail, a 100% earn-in asset in Utah. MAG also recently acquired the Larder project located in the historically prolific Abitibi region of Canada.


How Filo Mining advances its big copper project by 'piggybacking' on another

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the author and may not reflect those of Kitco Metals Inc. The author has made every effort to ensure accuracy of information provided; however, neither Kitco Metals Inc. nor the author can guarantee such accuracy. This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a solicitation to make any exchange in commodities, securities or other financial instruments. Kitco Metals Inc. and the author of this article do not accept culpability for losses and/ or damages arising from the use of this publication.