Make Kitco Your Homepage

ArcWest options its Todd Creek copper-gold project to Freeport-McMoRan

Kitco News

Editor note Get all the essential market news and expert opinions in one place with our daily newsletter. Receive a comprehensive recap of the day's top stories directly to your inbox. Sign up here!

(Kitco News) - ArcWest Exploration (TSXV: AWX) announced today that it has entered into an earn-in agreement with Freeport-McMoRan Mineral Properties Canada ("Freeport") to advance ArcWest's Todd Creek copper-gold project, located in BC's Golden Triangle.

The company said that under the terms of the earn-in agreement, Freeport has a two-stage option to earn up to an 80% ownership interest in the Todd Creek project over up to a 10-year period.

To earn an initial 51% interest, Freeport is required to fund CAD $20 million of work expenditures over a 5-year period and make staged cash payments to ArcWest totaling CAD $900,000. ArcWest will be the operator during the initial earn-in period.

According to a company press release, upon Freeport earning such 51% interest, it can elect, at its sole discretion, to earn an additional 29% ownership interest in the Todd Creek project (for a total 80% interest) by sole funding a further CAD $30 million within the following five years and make staged cash payments to ArcWest totaling CAD $750,000.

“Once Freeport has finalized its earned ownership interest at either the 51% or 80% level, each party will be responsible for funding its pro rata share of project costs on a 51:49 or 80:20 basis,” the company added.

ArcWest's 100% owned Todd Creek project adjoins Newcrest Mining's Brucejack mine property. The Todd Creek project is also situated approximately 40 km southeast of Seabridge Gold's giant KSM-Iron Cap porphyry Cu-Au deposits and Tudor Gold's Treaty Creek Au-Ag-Cu project.

President and CEO Tyler Ruks commented, "ArcWest looks forward to advancing our Todd Creek project in partnership with Freeport, one of the world's largest copper miners and a team with a track record of global copper-gold discoveries that have proceeded to mine development.

“ArcWest's Todd Creek project is host to one of the largest underexplored copper-gold systems in BC's Golden Triangle, and Freeport's endorsement of the project is a testament to its potential for hosting a world class copper-gold deposit. ArcWest is in discussions with multiple mining companies regarding potential earn-in agreements for our additional copper-gold projects."

ArcWest Exploration is a project generator focused on porphyry copper-gold exploration opportunities throughout western North America. The company is in possession of seven 100% owned copper-gold projects throughout BC's premier porphyry copper-gold districts.

Vanadium producer Largo reports net loss of $2.2M in 'challenging' 2022

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the author and may not reflect those of Kitco Metals Inc. The author has made every effort to ensure accuracy of information provided; however, neither Kitco Metals Inc. nor the author can guarantee such accuracy. This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a solicitation to make any exchange in commodities, securities or other financial instruments. Kitco Metals Inc. and the author of this article do not accept culpability for losses and/ or damages arising from the use of this publication.