Gold Prices Not Exploding Is A Good Thing For Balanced Investors - Peter Hug

Gold investors are forgetting that a return to 2011 highs would imply an “end of the world” scenario where all risk assets are plummeting, said Peter Hug, global trading director of Kitco Metals.
A balanced investor who has only 10% of his portfolio in gold would not want to see the rest of his assets fall for only 10% of his holdings to gain.
“It’s only returns on the 10%, the other 90% is going to get hammered, it makes no sense,” Hug told Kitco News. “You’re wishing for the end of the world so 10% of your assets appreciate. There’s no logic to that.” (show less)

Gold investors are forgetting that a return to 2011 highs would imply an “end of the world” scenario where all risk assets are plummeting, said Peter Hug, global trading director of Kitco Metals.
A balanced investor who has only 10% of his portfolio in gold would not want to see the rest of his assets fall for only 10% of his holdings to gain.
“It’s only returns on the 10%, the other 90% is going to get hammered, it makes no sense,” Hug told Kitco News. ... (read more)

Kitco NEWS

Kitco NEWS
The Kitco News team speaks to analysts and experts on the frontlines of the market to get the most up-to-date news on the economy. The show offers a well-rounded, timely view on big market moves and any major headlines that may affect financial assets. Coined – no pun intended – as the number one source of precious metals news, Kitco News is the leading provider of up-to-date price action in the precious metals space.

Disclaimer: The content on this website, including, without limitation, news, videos, interviews and commentaries, is provided by Kitco Metals Inc. ("Kitco") for informational purposes only and is not intended as any form of advice, whether legal, accounting, investment, financial or tax advice. Therefore, it cannot be relied upon as such. Should you require such advice, contact a licensed professional. The content provided herein is provided on an "as is" basis without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied and your use of the information provided in said content is entirely at your own risk. In no event will Kitco be held liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of the content on this website.